AZIONEHERA was set up in 2011 to coordinate shareholders of Gruppo Hera interested in a fair return of invested capital, in full respect of the environment and collective interest. The industrial plan proposed is based on feasible goals:
1. Regulate tariffs in a green logic price positioning.
2. Reduce the debt, now worth 3,2 bln euro. Enter in the capital of a public bank.
3. Demerge the water, gas and telco networks, transferring them to 100% publicly owned funds.
4. Render the water network more efficient by restoring mains, by building treatment plants and water storage basins.
5. Invest in automatic mechanical selection companies, recycling plastic without incineration.
6. Invest in new energies, in the ‘Rubbia method’ for the clean combustion of a mix of methane and hydrogen, and in plant-based plastic manufacturing companies.
7. Create alliances between multi-utilities for R&D and for raw material purchasing groups, coordinated by public bodies and relative web platforms such as Ancitel.
8. Enhance the economic return by favoring the use of local firms and banks with fiscal headquarters in Italy. Share activity with employees with ESOP plans and internal electons to nominate their representatives into BOD.
9. Split the shareholders meetings into more days among the year, separating the moment of information and discussion, from that of deliberation.
10. Implement the Dir. 2007/36/EC by introducint the possibility to vote on the items of the agenda by correspondence and/or electronic mail also from the Civic Net of the Municipalities served by Hera.